Sunday, January 9, 2011

A handmade Christmas

I am a little late on this post really but I have have been having trouble settling back into my regular routine after being away for Christmas and also Jonty has been sick and needing all of my attention . . . at ALL times!
Anyhow, things are returning to normal again and I am hoping to now post regularly, or at least more often.
So, a little update on Christmas. About two weeks beforehand I decided that I was going to make all of my gifts and in hindsight I now realise that this was a little too ambitious, but having set myself the goal I had to follow through (I am very stubborn you see) and after a few late nights I was able to cross everything off my list.

So, much soap, preserves, jam and granola was made and packaged up for the adults.


And for the kids I had a few little ideas that I made up. For one nephew I sewed up a pencil roll from recycled denim and vintage car fabric,

and for the other nephews I made my own version of a wall pocket organiser that I had seen in a book somewhere. My nephews have just moved house and need somewhere to store all of their collected odds and ends.

And for the real littlies I made up some aprons from vintage fabrics. I made Jonty up a few as well as I find that when we cook together I have to change his whole outfit afterwards.

I didn't use any patterns for any of these sewing projects but really they were very easy and all seemed to work out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment