Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New pillows

With it starting to feel like Winter is approaching I have been attacking a job that I have been meaning to start for a while; replacing and making new pillow case and cushion covers for our lounge and bed. I have, over time, been collecting bits of fabric from opp shops and putting them in an ever increasing pile ready for this task so I'm happy that I got the motivation to begin. Winter means that there is more time spent on the couch in front of the fire and bed just seems to be one of those places that becomes very important! Not to mention that there will be lots of time spent in these two places in a few months feeding a baby. So, it is important that couch and bed are cosy and comfortable!
I am also extra motivated because we have just realised that our big comfy couch isn't too big for our new living space and it now looks great in it's new spot.

A little while ago in the early hours of a Sunday morning I was out hunting treasure at Camberwell market and came across this pile of vintage letter and number stamps. And for the small sum of $6 I took those home with me, thankyou very much! I have been using those stamps around here and there a bit but what I intended most for them was to stamp little sayings on pillow cases. I just made up a simple calico pillow case and stamped away, it's a lot of fun and I have plans for more pillow cases stamped with all the sayings my Mum uses on a regular basis that are so familiar to me but when I really think about it are actually quite funny!

I'm also partial to using old hessian bags around the house at the moment, the only problem is that they smell quite strongly of coffee so I think when the weather improves I'll air them out for a while first!

1 comment: