Wednesday, May 2, 2012

project leather satchel bags


I've been testing out a new project and have been making leather satchels.  It started because I wanted a bag, couldn't find one that was a reasonable price and so I bought some leather offcuts from Camberwell market and had a go at it myself.  I enjoyed it so much that I have made a few now and have more ideas in my head to try out.  I get like this sometimes.  I have an idea and I cannot stop thinking about it until I have tried it out.  The first one is made really rushed because I am too excited about what I am doing and just want to see if it's going to work.  Then, if I think that I it will work after the first rushed attempt I make another with a little more care and time.  That one is never quite good enough so I have to make another and then another until I perfect it or at least am happy with the outcome.  Sometimes I have an idea, have a go at making it work, then decide it isn't going to and put it down without ever going back to it again.  I can move on, I have got it out of my system and can then concentrate on other things.  My life is full of projects in the making, whether that be outside in the garden, inside the house, through my work or just little side things like these bags.  Life is short and there is lots to be made!




2 comments:

  1. These look really great, I think you could mix this up with a bit of the very pretty fabrics you have ( a little Nancybird like.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bags. I sure hope you're going to sell them. They're gorgeous. I think lining them with a lovely floral fabric would be nice, too. I'm in need of a bag for the weekend; just big enough for my wallet, phone, glasses, keys and my iPad. On the weekends M and I head off to our favourite cafe where I love to spend an hour or so catching up on my favourite blogs - of which yours is now in my top 5. xx

    ReplyDelete