Sunday, January 20, 2013

while I was away....



What was meant to be a little break from blogging turned out to be a very long break indeed!
We haven't been resting on our laurels though and the extension and landscaping have been edging along;
last you saw, the back of the house looked something like this...



and now it looks like this....




clearly there is still a lot to be done and I won't show you inside the extension yet as it is just blank walls at the moment; a lot of painting, sanding and other jobs that I wish would miraculously happen all on their own.  But, we are stoked with how it all looks.  Dave put in a stellar effort late last year and basically built the whole extension from the ground up in about 8 weeks.  I have been in charge of the landscaping and there has been much digging and carrying stuff down the hill in buckets.  But, it seems that it can be done and now I have an enclosed, safe, flat, fun area for the kiddies to play!
This part has seriously changed the way that we operate here.
No more chasing them as they run, out of control, picking up speed, down the hill.










The vegie garden has been serving us well also.  We have at the moment potatoes, spinach, cabbage, kale and blackberries(wild) as well as the odd strawberry if it can be saved from Scarlett's overly keen fingers.  Tomatoes, eggplant, lettuce, pumpkin and silverbeet are next in line and should be ready for the picking in the next couple of weeks.


As we settle in to the new year I feel that we are set for a good one.  Things seem a bit more sorted and I feel a little more on top of things.
I love the beginning of a new year.  Wiping the slate clean and all that kind of stuff.  I'm one of these people who write new year's resolution lists along with action plans, financial plans, etc.  I love a list.  But this year I actually seem to be sticking to them and am finally getting some things done that have been on the list for, ahem, a couple of years now.
I have big plans for Rummage Style too and have already gotten onto some of those jobs.  
Yep, it's going to be a good year, I can feel it in my bones.

(I will do a post shortly on that tempting little glimpse of special artwork behind Scarlett!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Theresea. it looks great - and my god she has grown! Cant wait to see it Sam xx

    ReplyDelete